Type of partnership: Neutral, broad-based and honest broker role.
Marine Plan Area: 8. South West Inshore
- Act as a consultee body to both District Councils, Devon County Council, the Environment Agency, and any other body requiring information on the estuary
- Comment upon plans, such as the Shoreline Management Plans, Local Environment Agency Plans, Oil Pollution Plans, District Local Plans, County Structure Plans, etc., as required.
- Comment upon planning applications and environmental statements with relevance to the estuary
- Represent members interests on bodies such as the Joint Advisory Committee of the Northern Devon Coast & Countryside Service, and the Braunton Burrows Biosphere Reserve, etc.
- Liaise closely with the Northern Devon Coast & Countryside Service and the Taw/Torridge Estuary Officer (when appointed), particularly in the preparation and updating of the Taw/Torridge Estuary Management Plan.
- Reflect our members concerns; bringing these concerns to the attention of the relevant bodies.
- Resolve conflicts between member organisations, and between outside agencies and our member organisations.
- Act as a lobby group, where necessary.
- Inform and educate our member organisations concerning estuary matters and the rights of other estuary users.
|Core Services||Additional Services|